About the WriterSpark
30 Day to Craft Your Novel Course
Deadlines work for a lot of people. They’re a way to motivate you by giving you specific tasks to complete by specific times.
Being a writer demands dedication and commitment. You have to want it.
The WriterSpark 30 Days to Craft Your Novel course is just what it claims to be. It’s the nuts and bolts of creating everything you need to tell a compelling story, all in 30 days*.
By the end of our four weeks together, your virtual toolbox will be filled with everything you need to write your first novel.
In this course, you will:
- Develop your protagonist and antagonist
- Understand the two most common story structure templates:
- The Three Act Structure
- The Hero’s Journey
- Create a skeleton outline of your story
- Understand Scene Structure, including:
- Scene and Sequel, which includes Goal, Motivation, Conflict, Disaster, and the responses of reaction, dilemma, and decision
- Learn about and create plot points and pinch points for your novel
- Write a minimum of three scenes utilizing all you’ve learned: one from the beginning, one from the middle, and one from the end of your story
*Note: You may take longer to complete these lessons!